Rome as the capital city of Italy is so magnificent that the entire city is considered a UNESCO World Heritage site. The center of the city of Rome arguably has the highest concentration of art and historical monuments than any place else in the world. Home to over 2.7 million people, 280 fountains, more than 900 churches not to mention art, piazzas and architectural ruins it’s sure to keep pretty much any traveler in awe of the city. Its super difficult to create this shortlist but because there are so many awesome reasons to visit Rome, below are 5 reason;
- The incredible Architecture: The entire city of Rome is so incredible that is considered a UNESCO World Heritage site. The center of the city of Rome arguably has the highest concentration of art and historical monuments than in any place else in the world.
- The Amazing art: If there is a city that should be called art, it is definitely Rome. All around the city there are beautiful piazzas, Basilicas, domes, fountains and architectural ruins that will keep art lovers and pretty much anyone in awe of the city.
- Michelangelo: Michelangelo may be one of the most famous artists of all time and many of his most famous works are concentrated in Rome some famous ones include Christ The Redeemer, Moses, dome of Saint Peter’s Basilica to mention just a few.
- The food: There’s pretty much nothing like Italian food and more so roman food made in Rome! The culinary expertise that has been passed on from generation to generation is nothing short of epic. This is one exotic reason to visit Rome which will definitely make you return for more.
- The roman heritage: It’s incredible how intact ruins from the time of the Roman Empire still stand like the Coliseum, the Forum and Palatine Hill. Rome has layers and layers of visible history going back nearly 3000 years which is open for all to experience.
Rome is known as the “Eternal city” and also “Caput Mundi,” coming from Latin and meaning capital of the world.